Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Start of my new Blog!

I've seen many of these up on ravelry so I decided since I have a decent amount of spare time I would start one myself! This blog is going to be about my knitting and crocheting projects, about my family, (I have 2 sons D is going to be 10 on Wednesday the 8th of October and W is 7 months old.) and my life. So lets get started!
I borrowed a crochet book from the library last week called; The Crochet Answer Book byEdie Eckman. I learned through that book that I've been crocheting wrong since I was bout 8 (I'm 26 now) Somehow I've been doing it backwards this whole time! Well I figured now that I actually know what I'm doing I mine as well jump right in whip up some granny squares and make myself a blanket for my bed. I'm using a pattern called Blue Skies from the magazine Afghans the pattern was in the may 2006 addition. It's a pretty simple pattern but since I've never followed a single crochet pattern before I'm pretty proud of myself! I've done 2 squares so far and I'm working on my 3rd. I will need 20 large squares total and 80 small squares, the 80 small ones consist of only 2 rows so I don't think those are going to take quite as long as I think they are. We will see I'm hoping to finish this afghan by Christmas. It would be a nice little christmas present for myself and my BF.

No comments: